BlogReads

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Happy. :)



I’m happy

I’m not happy because I’ve achieved something, nor because I’m proud of my success. I’m not happy because I’m doing well in life right now, whatever the definition of that may be, nor am I happy because I’ve got something I’ve always desired.

I’m happy because in the beautiful world that we live in, the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west, even though it never really moves around us. I’m happy because drops of rain roll down the windowpane in a never-ending journey, only reaching fruition when they embrace the ground. I’m happy because the rainbow makes little appearances in snatches of puddles on the ground, little pieces of hope in a dreary, yet scintillating environment. I’m happy because the rain washes away everything, happy or sad, the water splashing a toast to new, fresh beginnings. 

I’m happy because the wind whips my hair around as I scream into it, dancing around me as I dance with it. I’m happy because you grin widely at me. I’m happy because my mother kisses me on the cheek while my father laughs in amusement. I’m happy because my dog thinks I’m going to steal his food and follows platinum level security procedures to keep me away from it. 

I’m happy because the ground smells musty, and I’m happy because you look beautiful today, smiling like that. 

I’m happy. And I like being happy. 

Maybe you’ll fall in love with it someday, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can share your feedback with me here!
Thanks!
~ WWS.