BlogReads

Wednesday, 27 May 2015

You

You’re my worst fear,
my best hope,
they say you’re a healer,
but I could never understand what you are.

I yell for you to wait,
but you rush ahead;
I yell for help,
but you guide me to obstacles.

I cry at your betrayal,
I laugh at the elation you bring me;
I curse you for the journey,
I love you for the view.

I hate you for you berate me,
I hate you for the way you make me want to prove you wrong,
I hate you for the way you are nothing like I see you,
I hate you because I love you for encouraging me until I succeed.

For in the end, you are nothing but my best companion,
my biggest blessing,
and I can’t thank you enough,
for I would be nowhere without you, my life. 

~WWS.
A/N: I wrote this as a letter to life. You can interpret it however you wish, poetry or prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can share your feedback with me here!
Thanks!
~ WWS.