We
all have these figures in our lives, surrounded by a lot of regrets and
what-ifs. Somebody once was fixated on whom I miss the most, and you know what?
It’s me whom I miss. The one who was a completely different person, stubborn
and feisty, hell bent on becoming someone whom the world looked up to. The one
who was so determined on getting what she wants, that she did end up doing just
that. And truthfully, speaking as the person that I’d always wanted to become,
I’d do anything to become the old me again. It feels like a reflection of me,
someone whom I look up to, now that I realize just how valuable that persona
was. And I know this makes no sense and it's slightly repetitive, and I'm sorry to disappoint, and it’s awfully conceited of me to go on
talking about myself.
But the truth is, sometimes we all miss slivers of our past selves, wishing for those prized moments to come back. But the thing is, the past won’t come back, and it’s better to enjoy the present before it doesn’t last and you begin to chase it. Whatever I may think, the person I am is something I’d wanted to be in that moment, and that’s exactly why I shouldn’t be regretting it. It’s the courage I need to realize that I can be whoever I want to be. There are parts of my old self I didn’t like, and there is something about who I am now that I don’t fancy. And the truth is, both of them are what make me me, and what make you you. So, today, I just feel like making a philo toast to all those ideal selves we all wish to be, and a wish that we succeed, but not at the cost of our love for ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can share your feedback with me here!
Thanks!
~ WWS.