BlogReads

Friday 25 December 2015

Blue


I’ve always wondered,
why your eyes are so blue,
that impeccable shade of cerulean so
difficult to remove my gaze from.

I can hear your laughter on the misty scent of rain,
snatched away into imperceptible syllables,
and when the rain finally dyes the sky navy,
is when I wonder, again, why your eyes are so blue.

I carefully smooth the wrinkles off
my teal graduation gown,
and as my eyes meet yours across the hall,
I’m lost again, wondering why your eyes are so blue.

The large gem glitters on my finger,
and you’re on your knees,
a hopeful grin adorning your face;
and even as I glance at the tiny blue sapphires inlaid at the tips,
I can’t help but remember why exactly your eyes are so blue.

And when you wonder why it is,
that I have taken such a fancy to a colour,
I shake my head and softly smile,
because my favourite colour has always been you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can share your feedback with me here!
Thanks!
~ WWS.