Was
I ever anything in your eyes?
Anything but the very worst?
You crushed my hopes into a million shards,
and my life feels so colorless, aimless,
because you were victorious, and you know it.
Anything but the very worst?
You crushed my hopes into a million shards,
and my life feels so colorless, aimless,
because you were victorious, and you know it.
But
we could play this blame game forever,
and the rocks you threw at me could continue to pierce my soul forever,
but alas for I am victorious,
and I will stand,
stand on those very rocks, for they are my ladder,
and soar high above.
and the rocks you threw at me could continue to pierce my soul forever,
but alas for I am victorious,
and I will stand,
stand on those very rocks, for they are my ladder,
and soar high above.
Those
ropes you used to trip me up,
now make me more skilled than most.
That quivering step you mocked me for,
takes me to the very top,
and it’s my rightful claim, ‘cause you know it better than me.
So, thank you, because I’m victorious again.
now make me more skilled than most.
That quivering step you mocked me for,
takes me to the very top,
and it’s my rightful claim, ‘cause you know it better than me.
So, thank you, because I’m victorious again.
I’m
a million times better than I was yesterday,
and my attempts stay with me.
I’m content, and there’s nothing you can do,
and you know I’m better than you’ll ever be.
And for that, I’m victorious in my journey.
and my attempts stay with me.
I’m content, and there’s nothing you can do,
and you know I’m better than you’ll ever be.
And for that, I’m victorious in my journey.
And I will rise,
oh, don’t you worry, I will RISE.
And you will be there to watch me spring up,
to get my head back in the game,
and to claim the spot I was born to reign over,
for I am victorious once more,
and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
oh, don’t you worry, I will RISE.
And you will be there to watch me spring up,
to get my head back in the game,
and to claim the spot I was born to reign over,
for I am victorious once more,
and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
~WarriorWearingSneakers. Copyright.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can share your feedback with me here!
Thanks!
~ WWS.