BlogReads

Monday, 8 June 2015

Dear Diary,

I think it’s quite obvious, but I need to state this. Today’s the first day of tenth grade. Yes, the exclusive tenth grade. I’ve been in this school for 11 years, and today, I begin my twelfth. I have approximately ten months before I leave this school, a haven that I’ve come to regard with a gleeful sense of familiarity. And I honestly don’t know how I’ll be able to leave all of this behind. It’s been a colossal chapter in my life, this school, and I don’t know how I will deal with the withdrawal. I’ve seen my fellow colleagues departing from this school over the years, and some of them have made it seem so easy. 

A little child, dreaming and obsessing over how scary her boards will be, is a true explanation of how I’ve regarded this grade for all these years. And now that I’m finally here, I want to start this journey with an optimistic, and of course, a classy philo start, in true WWS fashion. So, here goes nothing.

Ten months. Ten months before we leave school, and step out into the real world. Ten months before this comfort that we’ve come to regard with a hint of contempt will be taken away from us, and as all those alumni say, we’ll probably realize just how good this school was to us.

And I have so many memories of this school that will forever reside within me. Memories not only of the imposing structure, but also of the people whom I’ve paraded around in the hallways with, fought over food with, allied with, been rivals with, and most importantly, lived this chapter of my life with. Memories so many that they cannot be remembered all at once, but which will bombard me when I reminisce years later. And sometimes, I hope that we have some kind of alumni meet, but eh, that’s a possibility way into the future. 

So, this year, I just want to remind all of us that the time is ticking by, and it’s an opportunity to enjoy those last few months.  Do whatever you’ve always wished to do, without hesitance, because you know what? You only get one shot at this. Do your brilliant best this year, and give the school and yourself the most amazing moments you can, to live with. 

And I know, that when the time comes, and we leave, I’ll be moping around. But I write this to remind myself and you, of this quote: “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Love,
Me.
~ I wrote this is honour of it being my last year at my school, but I think that's written up there. So, yeah, I'm emotional rn. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can share your feedback with me here!
Thanks!
~ WWS.